Blue Streak Grinding
Purchasing Terms and Conditions
1. Supplier notification is required in cases of nonconforming product, including arrangements for Blue Streak approval of supplier nonconforming material.
2. Supplier notification is required for changes in product and/or process definition including, where required, per Blue Streak approval.
3. The supplier will flow down to subtier suppliers the applicable requirements in the purchasing documents, including key characteristics.
4. Certification(s) of Compliance to all applicable specifications if requested by Blue Streak.
5. Right of Entry shall be granted to Blue Streak, its customers, and regulatory authorities, to all facilities involved with the order and to all applicable records, for the purpose of monitoring product quality.
6. Records resulting from the processing of this order shall be retained for a minimum of seven (7) years after completion of Blue Streak’s customer’s contract, or as otherwise required by that customer.
7. Supplier responsible for Lost or Damaged Product
8. Supplier performance; Blue Streak will evaluate and record the supplier(s) ability to meet contractual requirements, including product characteristics, specifications, on-time delivery, completion of documentation, and responsiveness to corrective actions. Blue Streak reserves the right, at our discretion, to approve and/or disapprove a supplier for lack of performance.
9. Supplier Quality System; a Quality System which assures compliance with supplied documentation, including the purchase order, drawings, MOT, and specifications. A system that complies with ISO 9001, AS9100, and/or Nadcap preferred. Blue Streak will validate the supplier Quality System status by confirming the sustained certification approval, quality surveys, and/or on-site surveillance audits.
10. Prevent the use of counterfeit parts (see 8.1.4 of the AS9100D / ISO 9001:2015 Standard)
11. Ensure that persons / employees are aware of:
- their contribution to product or service conformity
- their contribution to product safety, and
- the importance of ethical behavior
12. Suppliers will maintain an approved calibration system (where applicable) which ensures valid measurements within the appropriate accuracy and is traceable to the NIST.
13. For Calibration Suppliers; ISO 17025 Certified preferred.
Calibration Certificates must identify standards used and must be traceable to NIST (National Institute of Standards Technology).